Month of May
Category : Grade 3 & 4's
It has been a busy start to Term 2 in the 3/4 learning area! In the Month of May we have lots and lots of birthdays to celebrate with 9 lucky students having a birthday!
We have had the addition of new fish to our area:
Our stick insects continue to grow. They started off as babies and now are SO big that they are growing beautiful blue wings!
Students participate in structured and unstructured play to encourage growth in:
- encouraging self-esteem
- promote social interaction with other students
- develop emotional and problem solving skills
- share thoughts, questions, ideas and solutions
- work together to reach a goal
- look at problems in a new way and encourage new approaches to complete tasks
For the Month of May the 3/4’s have been reading lots of books and completing lots of Reading Responses. We write down the Author and Illustrator, the characters, the setting and write down what our favourite event in the story was. We complete a Tic-Tac-Toe on our chapter book with 9 different questions about our book.
During the Month of May the 3/4’s have been learning about Grids and Grid Points, Directions, Symmetry, Scales, Maps through a range of fun and engaging activities!